The ultimate pre-workout supplement does not exist yet.
Ideally, it would be a combination of both energy boosting, as well as cognitive awareness, properties in a very potent blend.
You should be able to, not just power through your workout, but focus intensely the entire time on the task at hand. On the biochemical level, the supplement should provide adipose tissue mobilization, glucose allocation, and ATP regeneration/maintenance.
The following is my proposed blend.
At the core level it will provide the following: a noticeable improvement in cognitive awareness, increased muscular energy and endurance, increased muscular protein synthesis, production of ATP, enhanced ability to allocate glucose from lactic acid and muscle glycogen, reduction in exercise-induced oxidative stress, and increased fat-tissue mobilization.
Breakdown of Components:
– Monosaccharide. Simple carbohydrate.
– High Water Solubility.
– Comprises the backbone of RNA. Nucleotide production.
– ATP-producing. Adenine = one molecule of adenine + 5-carbon D-Ribose.
- Under exercise stress, the cell has a much higher concentration of ADP and AMP compared to ATP because the body becomes hampered in recreating more ATP at a quick enough rate to compensate for the decrease.
- Reduction in adenine nucleotide pool.
- D-Ribose aids in restoring/maintaining the ATP/ADP/AMP ratio balance.
- D-Ribose + Creatine work together to recycle ADP into ATP. Creatine supplies the extra phosphate.
Recommended Dosage: 850-1000 mg
B. Vitamin B12.
– Extremely low toxicity. Can be taken in enormous quantities and synthesized by the body without harmful side effects.
– Cyanocobalamin. The synthetic form used for nutritional supplements. Cheaper.
– Crucial for neuronal functioning. The “awareness” aspect of the cocktail.
Recommended Dosage: 2000-8000 % DV
DV = 2.4 mcg
C. Vitamin B6.
– Necessary for the enzymatic reaction governing the release of glucose from lactic acid (gluconeogenesis).
– Effective in regulating proper use of glycogen for energy during exercise.
– Amino Acid metabolism
– Neurotransmitter Synthesis.
- GABA – responsible for regulation of muscle tone.
Recommended Dosage: 800 – 2000 % DV
DV: 100 mg
– Essential for cardiorespiratory function.
– Essential for function of skeletal muscle. As well as retina and central nervous system.
– Crosses the blood-brain-barrier.
- Implicated in LTP and membrane stabilization (learning & memory.)
- Adipose tissue regulation.
- Ca2+ homeostasis – healthy bones.
– Acts as an antioxidant.
- Has been shown to prevent oxidative stress induced by exercise.
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels.
- Has been shown to influence weight loss in clinical studies.
Recommended Dosage: 50 – 400 mg
– Only dietary amino acid that has the capacity to stimulate muscle protein synthesis.
– Glucogenic. See gluconeogenesis.
– Ketogenic. Can be used in synthesis of ketone bodies – fatty acids.
The thing is: a couple buddies and I were going to have this manufactured last year. One thing led to another and we became too busy to see it through. Do you guys think this sounds like a good supplement? Something you would use?
It is 100% completely healthy and harmless in terms of toxicity and could greatly enhance training potential. Thought it would be cool to put the formula up here and explain the idea behind it a little bit to see what people think. And if one of you goes and manufactures it, let me know & send me a container