Today we have a very special guest, Allen Elliott, joining us on NoGym’s first
Allen is a former bodybuilder-turned-physique competitor and fitness model. He is set to grace the front page of a major men’s fitness magazine in January 2013.
Allen has built a solid brand for himself over the past few years as a fitness personality. And 2013 is going to be his biggest year yet.
I was very fortunate to catch up with him and pick his brain a little bit. It’s always super-interesting to get a behind-the-scenes look at an elite & dedicated person like Allen. He’s achieved a level of body fat and muscularity that few will ever reach in their lifetime, and what I’m most fascinated with is his approach.
It flies in the face of what we consider a traditional bodybuilding mentality.
And beyond that, he is just a genuinely nice guy with an inspiring story and some big goals. What’s not to like?
Here’s a little taste of what you can expect during this conversation:
- Exactly how the Renaissance, of all things, heavily influenced Allen’s approach to fitness
- How a major injury can lead to bigger, better things
- Why Allen uses bodyweight exercises in training
- How Allen learned the importance of weight management from a (very) young age
- Why wrestling and physique modeling are more similar than you might think
- How intermittent fasting broke the traditional bodybuilding mold
- How Allen uses IF in contest prep
- The reality of super low body fat
- Exactly what the PVC plan is & why Allen swears by it to get super lean
- Why looking at your body as a business may be the best thing you can do for yourself
- A Google family Christmas!
- What “Shirt-off world” is and why you want to be there
- How much H2O you should be drinking every day (it’s a lot)
- The idea of a “Third-party experience” and how it can be helpful in reaching physique goals
Items mentioned in this interview include:
- The Adonis Index Blog
- The Golden Ratio
- AI Transformation Contest
- The Reverse Taper Diet
- NPC Men’s Physique
- Fitness Model International
- Why Your Physique Matters And What You Should Do About It (article)
- The Elliott family’s “Google Christmas” pictures
For a complete list of Allen’s competition results, along with several other interviews head on over here.
If you are interested in connecting with Allen over social media, you can find links to all of his profiles.
Any questions for Allen on his training or nutrition? Just leave ‘em below.